- So I always have this Daemon Tools Lite that allows me to mount .iso file as virtual CD/DVD drives.
- I always have the codecs from CCP-Project to use the classic media player instead of the new one
- I also have Infrarecorder to do copying and writing tasks
- For those copyrighted and encrypted DVDs, i have DVD Decrypter
- For some instances I also have imgBurn. This however may conflict with DVD Decrypter or Infrarecorder if not installed properly
- Firstly, make sure that the DVD is worthy -- meaning readable and functional, void of physical damage that may ruin the show. You cannot copy if you can't play it.
- Copy the DVD to an .iso using InfraRecorder. The read speed may have to be tweaked to use below the maximum.
- Try mounting the .iso file using DaemonTools and make sure that it plays just like the original. If problems exist, it's time to call on the other tools.
- From the mounted .iso or virtual drive, right click and see "Decrypt using DVDDecrypter". Just follow the next steps, find a nice target location and proceed to extract the content. If it is a DVD video disc, it will copy just the .vob files.
- Write the .vob files to a DVD using imgBurn. You might want to save DVDs by writing them to another .iso file
- If all is well with the decryption, iso and playing the mounted iso, you're ready to burn to a physical DVD or to another media.
Feel free to post on the comments if you need assistance.