Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I'm currently one of those called "Company Men"

What if one day, you got back to work, a little bit late, a litte bit in a rush, a little bit upbeat and a litte bit hasty, however, just to know within the first hour that you're out of the job?

You have worked for years to go up the so called "ladder", keep a high standard of workmanship -- dependable, independent, initiator, democratic and "loyal". Such effort turned the tide and the next thing you know, you're out of job.

"What a pathetic story" -- must have applied during the time of our forefathers -- industrial age. This time, this could be really "REAL". The older we get in a company, the better chance we get associated with "company liability".

The movie "Company Men" starts with the sad story of good (smart, idealistic and productive) people being fired. It struct me with the question posted above.

Robert Kiyosaki, author of the book "Rich Dad, Poor Dad", suggests a lot of ideas in his "Rich Kid, Smart Kid" edition of his book: don't work for money, let money work for you. It's a little absurb at first but it takes an alarm level and conscious thinking as I read the book. Now that I'm watching this movie, it sounds more bells of alarm: "What if I losses my job?"

The "Rich Kid" suggests that I have to invest in a way -- whatever and however that may be, to start.

Anyone out there want to lend a hand, drop by a comment, I'd love to get in touch with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment